[Denemo-devel] D.C al fine

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] D.C al fine
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 10:23:45 +0000

I have added a command to insert the "D.C. al fine" marking into a
piece, using the new AttachLilyToChord command.
I chose this one because it is one marking that often gets positioned
badly by LilyPond, and I could include a positional correction with it.
Now we can proceed to all the Tempo indications (Allegro,
Adagio, ...Sehr Ruhig) but what is new is that I think I see a good way
of doing the position tweaking:
        When LilyPond has not succeeded in positioning some text (like D.C al
fine) what you will be able to do is return to the Denemo and drag the
LilyPond attachment with the mouse. Then you have to re-make your pdf.
(Of course, what you would like to do is drag in the pdf display...)
        How this would work is that the LilyPond attach fields will include (x,
y) values which the dragging will affect: the Denemo display routines
can use them to position the text in the display and they can be
inserted into the LilyPond to affect the LilyPond display. Of course, we
will not be trying to get the position in the Denemo display to look
like that of the LilyPond display (that would involve rendering LilyPond
in real time) but we can easily register the shifts - the corrections -
via movements in the Denemo display which can be securely related to
movements in the LilyPond display. That is to say, LilyPond movements
are in some unit related to the staff size and so are/can be/will be the
movements in the Denemo window.
This is for 0.8.4 along with the MIDI out. Can everyone (both of you)
please look for trouble - especially with the LilyPond insert/attach
stuff which is newly coded.
We can still add new scripts, they cannot break Denemo if they aren't
invoked.