Re: [Denemo-devel] Id the Denemo.ttf font file being used

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Id the Denemo.ttf font file being used
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 21:44:18 +0000

On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 07:10 +1100, Roy Rankin wrote:
> Looking in the new font requirements for Fedora RPMs, I cannot find any
> sign that the Denemo.ttf fonts are ever being loaded.
The font is loaded by gtk_init() as I recall - I found out where to put
the font by looking with strace at what was going on as Denemo started
up. I think it tries more than one of the font initialization things
(fontconfig? + something else?)

> If so, where and when is it loaded?
so the answer is in one of the g(lib,tk,dk...) library initializations.

> If not, does it need to be dropped from the distribution?
It is the thing that allows you to write a label including a music note
shape - the shortest durations one (128th?) in the Entry Toolbar is a
terrible hack from the next longer one because the font lacked that
duration...
Richard