Re: [Denemo-devel] How much work to write an importer for this attached

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] How much work to write an importer for this attached format
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 17:48:49 +0000

On Sun, 2009-01-18 at 15:21 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> I had a look on the user tools again.
> There seems to be a tool to convert to musicXML. But I guess this is a
> similar situation
except that musicXML is (perhaps?) the front-runner in file formats for
representing music in its (European tradition) written form. As examples
that I know of, Finale and pdf2music both say they can save in this
format.

> because I don't see any music xml in Denemos import.
music xml, like .denemo is an xml format, so the same parsing library
could be used, indeed if it were looked into it might be that you could
parse musicXML outputting Denemo's xml directly, saving writing the
Denemo data structure creation calls; the two formats may be closely
related (in fact, for all I know they could be pretty much the same!).
Richard