Re: [Denemo-devel] Bug with triplets

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Bug with triplets
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 21:02:39 +0000

This is default LilyPond beaming. You need to insert a [ after the first
eighth note that is not a triplet and a ] after the next one to beam
them separately from the triplet.  Use Other->Attach LilyPond to Chord
and place [ in after the chord.
In the LilyPond window you will see this:
  \times 2/3 { d'8 e' f' } g'[  b']  a'4 \bar "|."
when you have attached the [ and ] to the correct notes.
See
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Beams#Manual-beams
for an explanation of the syntax.
We need to install start beam, stop beam commands into the Denemo menu
system, they can be created using (d-AttachLilyToChord
"postfix=[\0display=Start beam") as the script (or some such!)

Other means would also be possible, see
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Beams#Setting-automatic-beam-behavior

where you would not need to repeat the beam commands at every occurrence
but rather set the pattern to be followed.
Richard