Re: [Denemo-devel] Version label

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Version label
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 20:52:34 +0100

 On Fri 23/01/09 10:42 AM, "Richard Shann" address@hidden wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 11:23 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 17:16 +0000, Richard Shann
> wrote:
> > Jeremiah,
> > >
> > > Can you move the 0.8.2 label (or whatever it
> is) and start the 0.8.3
> > thing?
> >
> > I did that already. You can see it by typing
> in:
> git branch -r
> hmm, this gives me no output. I did a git pull and it says I am up to
> date.

after typing :
git branch -r

you will see the name of the branch.
The command to switch and make the branch local to you is:

git checkout -b origin/stable-0.8.2

This switches you to that branch. If you make changes in it you are changing
that branch only. You can make bug fixes in it, commit and push them. Later
then you want to do:

checkout master

then do:

git merge origin/stable-0.8.2