[Denemo-devel] Gregorian Chant

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Gregorian Chant
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:57:28 +0000

Someone asked me recently about Gregorian chant - attached is a sample
of doing Gregorian chant in Denemo. It is just the first bit of the
first example in the LilyPond manual.
The instructions to print the neums are just given the usual cryptic
text display as we have nothing better at the moment. However, I can see
how this would take advantage of my planned developments (in the display
of the LilyPond-attached-to-notes) to give the user a reasonably
easy-to-read account of the chant entered.

To play back something like this you would want our much-asked-for
instant MIDI out - moving the cursor across the notes would make them
sound out. You would need this because the choice of duration of any
given note is not entirely determined by the notation (as I understand
it).