Re: [Denemo-devel] quick script to find lilypond version

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] quick script to find lilypond version
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 17:43:36 +0000

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 10:19 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> lilypond --version | grep 'GNU LilyPond' | cut -c14-19

You wouldn't want to set up the pipes from inside Denemo, instead run
lilypond --version
capturing the stdout (or stderr whichever it is in) as done in print.c
for getting the lilypond error messages and popping them up as
infodialog.
Then parse that captured stdout/err either crudely with sscanf (very
sensitive to minor changes in lilypond output) or perhaps better with
scheme's regexp stuff (see the new scripts for editing directives), or I
think there may be some parser utilities in glib, or at least some
string utilities to ease the pain...

Richard