Re: [Denemo-devel] Staff/Instrument Names (Print Out)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Staff/Instrument Names (Print Out)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:00:11 +0000

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 23:15 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Now with all the Edit and Properties is it possible
it is possible, it just takes time: some investigations of the layers of
crud surrounding voice names in denemo and their relationship to
LilyPond. At one time names in Denemo corresponded to variable names in
LilyPond (hence there is a arabic number to Roman numeral conversion
function in there, since LilyPond wanted to disallow digits in variable
names). I have proposed to change to making the names correspond with
LilyPond instrument names, which may have implications for parsing back
in from LilyPond ... but it takes time.

>  to finally add names for the staffs that are printed out, maybe in the staff
> properties beneath the (internal and unique) staff-name?
>
> And if the user decides not to have a print-out name maybe its possible that
> the staff does not begin with a blank space?
? are you referring to the 10 pixels or so (called LEFT_MARGIN) that are
blank?
Or the space left by LilyPond (as a default setting)?

Richard