Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi-status

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi-status
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:54:58 -0500

Richard, I am having trouble with port creation and deletion.
The output ports are pointers contained in an array like this.
jack_port_t output_ports[MAX_NUMBER_OF_PORTS];

Here is the problem:
If I have 2 staffs but delete the first one. I delete the port in
jackmidi which gives me a NULL output_ports[0] and a output_ports[1]
with a pointer; Then later when trying to add a new port denemo thinks
the newly added staff is the second staff even if ADDED BEFORE. Then
jack ignores the request and only one port exists. Later this causes a
crash on playback because jackmidi wants to write to output_port[0] but
this is NULL.

My question is this:
Can I somehow push or pop the pointers in an array moving them down by
assigning
output_ports[0] = output_ports[1];

This would be placed in a loop so if the user deletes the staff 1 (or
whatever) from a score that has 20 staffs in it it would be pushed to a
lower number in the array. I am not sure how to do this exactly. Does
this output_ports[0] = output_ports[1] just create a pointer to anouther
pointer? Is there a function you know of that will do this for me?

Jeremiah