Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi-status

From: Nils Gey
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi-status
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 00:44:53 +0100

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 21:28:22 +0000
Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 22:11 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> > I reommend to get rid of support for people without jack. Not for
> > complete Denemo, but for the audio-part. Then --enable-jack can be the
> > standard.
> ??? I don't get jack midi with my Debian system. But I use the audio
> output all the time. I use it for the feedback from pressing keys on the
> MIDI keyboard and for sounds when I enter durations.
> Richard

How do you insert midi without jackmidi? With OSS?

According to Debian there is 0.116.1 avaible as package. Is that you're
version? What is your kernel-version? Does anything show up in QJackCtls "ALSA"
tab?

The audio-output is a different thing. I suggest to switch audio to jack, too.
Should be much less work then the midi-thing. There are tons of functions and
libs to provide a basic audio-feedback and further...

Nils