Re: [Denemo-devel] google music notation editor + 0.8.6 release

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] google music notation editor + 0.8.6 release
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 09:16:37 +0100

On Sun, 2009-06-14 at 19:09 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 07:08:59PM +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
>
> > as before - it is trying to configure in the source directory (which is
> > indeed configured) instead of creating new directories and doing
> > configure there, making all the sources relative to those, which is what
> > it used to do (and AFAIK all other packages do).
>
> I think you may be mistaken.
Yes, I was mistaken: I didn't know that you must have the source
directories unconfigured. I took it that the message to run distclean in
the source was because the configure step in the build directory was
going to try and put the Makefile s in the source directory. I always
built in the src directory until I started using the Jack code, at which
stage I started building in two separate directories; I assumed my src
directory was still configured. I guess not, or this is a new
requirement.

>  If not I would like to know so I can learn from this.

> Now in denemo when I did do:
> make distclean
>
> then created a directory denemo_nojack
> cd denemo_nojack
> ..//denemo/configure; make
> It did create several subdirectories, configured, stored .o files and linked
> all in this denemo_nojack
> directory

Right, I have just got the same, so everything would seem to be good
now. Thank you very much for persisting with this.

We have enough development for a significant release now.
If you can do a

cp -r denemo/actions/menus/*  (ftp://denemo.org)->/download/menus

I can test the download-of-new-commands code that is currently in git.
(I have written (ftp://denemo.org)-> above because I don't know where it
is on your server, of course).
A lot of the filling out of the MIDI stuff, (e.g. ppp, pp, mp .....fff)
can be done after the release then, with people picking up the new
commands from denemo.org.