Re: [Denemo-devel] google music notation editor + 0.8.6 release

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] google music notation editor + 0.8.6 release
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 18:59:00 +0100

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 10:45 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 09:16 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
>
> > We have enough development for a significant release now.
> > If you can do a
> >
> > cp -r denemo/actions/menus/*  (ftp://denemo.org)->/download/menus
>
> done.
Great! I have tested the download from within denemo and it appears to
work - took longer than I expected (we have 64k there now) though. Have
not tested the code that accesses the downloaded stuff, will do that
next.

> I am curious how denemo know when new version of scripts have been
> placed on the server. Do the scripts have a version number or is it via
> server time stamp?
You are a bit ahead of me - I was counting on the amount of data being
small enough and just getting it all on demand. For a start.

> Do you see any reason I should not keep the ftp
> directory updated with git using a cron job?
Yes, that is what I hoped for.
>  If it is time stamp I could
> have the cron job use rsync and sync only files that have changed size.
sounds good!
Richard