Re: [Denemo-devel] Lyric Entry.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Lyric Entry.
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 12:09:45 +0100

On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 11:05 +0200, Nils Gey wrote:
> I still think its a better way not to put each syllable under each note but
> start on the first note
do you mean stay on the first note?

>  and then use the lilypond syntax with _ -- and so on.
>
> I have done this several times in Denemo now and its working. The only bad
> thing
?? if you do mean stay on the first note, then the display will not show
you which syllables will come on which note, which I would think is
crucial.

>  is the edit window which is just crap. Its would be a good start to just
Unfortunately this "just" hides a heap of C programming to assign the
syllables from the textbox to the notes. If you are not going to assign
them to the notes then the LilyPond window text box will suffice for a
text entry window for lyrics. (True, I haven't got round to making the
lyric output editable in that window, but then no-one has asked...)

Anyway, try the new continuous entry script: you just type hitting
return for each syllable and return on its own to stop. No mouse.

I think I will do the copy & paste as well, since the lyrics are often
already in text form and this will enable a simple script to let you
insert a syllable moving all the subsequent syllables along, or split a
syllable.

Richard