Re: [Denemo-devel] Lyrics

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Lyrics
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 09:13:17 +0100

On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 01:29 +0200, Nils Gey wrote:
> I really really like the new system. This is such a huge improvement.
> Multiline-box, a frame instead of a floating window: great!
> I said this very often and again: This frame should be always there (hide on
> click a button maybe)
There is a toggle for the lyrics view under the view menu
>  and should also be the place where all logs and errors should be written to,
> including the ones from the console.
I have it in mind to do this  - a different textview altogether from the
lyrics of course.
>  Maybe tabbed, too. Lilypond output, errors and warnings and of course new
> tabs on the fly for functions like the new lyrics-systems!
>
> Great work!
>
> Bugs:
>
> "Fi -- nal" is rendered on two notes in lilypond, which is correct, but on
> three in Denemo. " -- ", including leading and tailing whitespace, is not its
> own syllabe but the connector in lilypond.  (but " - " is its own syllabe.)

I see, I think. It means Denemo should treat two hyphens together as
whitespace for the display. (The LilyPond is created by copying the
textbox contents verbatim to the LilyPond text).

> Vers one is shown twice/n-times where n is the number of verses. In
> lilypond-view only the first verse is shown multiple times.
Ooops, I see this. I'll look at it.

> If you have verse 1, 2 and 3 and delete number two the remaining ones in the
> tab are still 1 and 3 and not 1 and 2. Don't know if this has any influence
> on the lilypond output. If you save, quit and reload its verse 1 and 2 then.
> So this should not be a problem.
Yes, I saw this coming, but it is not a problem really - you will get two tabs
labelled Verse 2 if you try. Low priority bug, they are just labels,
re-labelling every time would be the solution.

BTW I was thinking about your notes on the MIDI stuff: inserting raw
MIDI messages depends on the environment/context, but so does inserting
notes!

Richard