Re: [Denemo-devel] SHOWSTOPPER bug

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] SHOWSTOPPER bug
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 09:09:53 -0500

On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 14:30 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> For directives attached to chords you do not move the cursor:
>
>  ;;; piu forte
> (d-DirectivePut-chord-override "StepVolume" (logior DENEMO_OVERRIDE_VOLUME
> DENEMO_OVERRIDE_STEP))
> (d-DirectivePut-chord-midibytes "StepVolume" "40")
> (d-DirectivePut-chord-display "StepVolume" "piu forte")
> (d-DirectivePut-chord-postfix "StepVolume" "^\\markup { più \\dynamic f }")
> (d-RefreshDisplay)
>
> I have just coded up the MIDI response to a volume change via a
> directive on a chord, as in this example. I think this stuff should
> probably go into the release, as such MIDI changes are more naturally
> associated with a chord in the score.

Are you committing this to stable-0.8.6 and then merging this into
master yet? I ask because I have made a simple change I don't know if
you want in the release or not. A while back you put some fixes in
master. I did not want to push changes into master when it has not been
merged into stable-0.8.6.

The change I made allows the user to set whether they want the object
menu minimized on launch. I needed this feature because denemo is too
large for my screen and it makes denemo difficult to work with. The
default is to display the object menu. If the user does not want to see
it on startup they select that in prefs. Then if I need to reference it
I just select it in view->.

I will push this if you want it in the release or you have merged
stable-0.8.6 with master containing your fixes.