Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows build

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows build
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 14:29:00 +0100

On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 07:44 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 11:22 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 08:45 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> > > There is a problem with building on windows. libsmf does not work. The
> > > only suspicious sign is that arpa/inet.h does not exist, and using
> > > winet.h for it leaves the linker resolving the endianness conversion
> > > routines (htons(), etc) by fuzzy linking.
> > > I propose to replace the ntohl() etc calls with ones from glib (via a
> > > windows version of inet.h).
> > I have fixed this with - the MIDI file format is big endian, and the
> > fuzzy linking is probably ok, just nothing in my build scripts says that
> > the "network" is big endian.
>
> I see you fixed this in master.
??? no! I have built from 0.8.6 as it is at present. The fix (my email
above has a stray "with", sorry) is just to build with inet.h forcing
the endianness swap. No changes to sources. If we had a proper Makefile
based build system it would no doubt build ok (I don't know how libsmf
indicates that MIDI is big endian, but however it is done could no doubt
be made to work on Windows).

>  Do you want me to merge changes into
> stable-0.8.6 before we release?
No. 0,8.6 has everything from our code freeze of Friday night, nothing
should go in after except showstopper bug fixes, which we have none of.

Richard