Re: [Denemo-devel] The lilypond build system adopted to build Denemo for

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The lilypond build system adopted to build Denemo for various OS
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 12:32:54 +0100

On Sun, 2009-07-05 at 12:01 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> I'll boot up a windows box and look at what is set for the lilypond on
> it. I think it is just the word "lilypond", but I recall that the pdf
> viewer was something obscure like acroRead32,exe with a full path
> before
> it.
Yes, my memory served me well. I have just the basename of the
executable, with the LilyPond installation having set the PATH
environment variable. This then works with my hand-built denemo from
(unchanged) 0.8.6 sources. The difference will no doubt be the gtk
installation process. I sweated blood over getting the loaders to work,
and at one time I recall the spawn helper programs went AWOL with no
helpful messages to say why the spawned processes were not starting...

So, the bottom line is that just the entry

lilypond

(unadorned) in the preference box should enable it to spawn lilypond.exe
if the PATH is set.