Re: [Denemo-devel] The lilypond build system adopted to build Denemo for

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The lilypond build system adopted to build Denemo for various OS
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 17:19:52 +0100

On Tue, 2009-07-07 at 16:46 +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> On di, 2009-07-07 at 15:05 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
>
> > > Have a look at -5 from
> > > http://lilypond.org/blog/janneke/software/denemo
> > >
> > I've installed this on a windows box, and can report progress:
>
> Ah, great.
> >     The actions/menus, bitmaps, editscripts are all installed.
> > However the program  fails to find the Denemo.ttf font, and in fact
> > there are other font not found messages, which IIRC I get with my
> > hand-built version as well, though mine does find Denemo.ttf, though
> > where it gets it from I don't know.
>
> The fonts problem is fixed in -6.
I have just got back from testing -6 and can report that indeed this is
solved.
Moreover, the installation of the scripts is mostly solved, the
actions/menus/... are working, but denemo fails to find the
actions/bitmaps files when the scripts are run.
I have looked thru the code where it is trying to find the bitmaps in
denemo/src/view.c which looks ok

    if(!g_file_test(filename, G_FILE_TEST_EXISTS)) {
      g_free(filename);
      filename = g_build_filename (get_data_dir (), "actions", "bitmaps",
pngname,
                                   NULL);

So this should create
 .../usr/share/denemo/actions/bitmaps/RepeatStartEnd.png
or some such - but in winspeak - and that exists.

(I did find a bug -  the filename on entry to this fragment is set by
this:

filename = g_build_filename (get_data_dir (), "download", "actions", "bitmaps",
pngname,
                                 NULL);
which would never exist - the download directory is never in
system-wide /usr/..., it is in ~/.denemo/actions when you have updated
from denemo.org. However this is benign here :-)

Tantalizingly close...
Richard