Re: [Denemo-devel] The new possibilities

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The new possibilities
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 09:59:29 +0100

You can now place your favorite commands onto the Titles etc toolbar
with a simple script, e.g.:

(d-SetDirectiveTagActionScript "RepeatEnd" "(d-RepeatEnd)")
(d-DirectivePut-score-graphic "RepeatEnd" "<b>:||</b> ")

which puts the repeat end command within easy reach of your mouse.
Obviously there is more to do here (graphics - I expect to change the
use of the graphic field here), but the possibilites are transformative
for Denemo.

NEXT:

I'll create a script to turn Denemo into a single game: no menus,
keyboard assignments, just a set of buttons like this

Help    Go    Score: n       C D E F G A B C       Setup

When you click Go you get random notes appearing on the staff and you
click on the note name to get another, your score showing on the Score:
button.

There will be a couple of wrinkles (command line arguments, and avoiding
it wanting to save your music-score, and eventually saving your game
score) but I think we have a fantastic generator for educational tools
here.

Richard