Re: [Denemo-devel] scheme_change_chord_notes

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] scheme_change_chord_notes
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 13:02:36 +0100

On Tue, 2009-07-14 at 12:37 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> I've had a look at this now. What you are doing is deleting all the
> notes & then putting in a new set. This could be done by a script,
> doing
> d-RemoveNoteFromChord until it returns #f and then doing d-PutNoteName
> on the notes desired. I haven't written this - you may uncover
> lacunae.

I've had a little go and found one lacuna
(d-RemoveNoteFromChord) always returns #f, it should return #t if it
succeeds.

Also playing with

(display (d-PutNoteName "c'is'")
)
(d-RefreshDisplay)

I see that it modifies the note at the cursor.

So I think you can get a list of notes in the chord, then move the
cursor to each one in turn and call d-PutNoteName. That is *if* we have
a command to move the cursor to a given note-name-position-in-the-staff.
I am not sure we do. But I think we could have. And then we would have a
very clean api.
(We really *should* have a goto-note-position command for the cursor if
we don't already).