Re: [Denemo-devel] More script questions and requests

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] More script questions and requests
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 17:55:19 +0100

On Wed, 2009-07-15 at 14:14 +0200, Nils Gey wrote:
> This seems to be fun :)
>

> 1) Is there / Can you create a GetNoteLength
>
> 2) Can you please create a Brevis (Double Whole-Note), too?
I am not sure what may be involved here - do you know how LilyPond
handles breves (I am not sure what the American term is, that is the
English one)? Nor longs.

> 3) How do I connect access the values in Preferences->Externals & Help? I
> want to make Browser-call with the browser given for help.
It isn't implemented - there is a general method for querying values
using the d-xxx where xxx is the command-name, in this case the command
name is Preferences. So you would call (d-Preferences "query=...") but I
have only implemented a few of these - see the manual for the pattern of
them.

> 4) Richard, you said in your mail:
> "Yes, I have done a little bit of that, you do (string-append "d-" number)
> and then some tricky stuff to make it execute the command whose name is that
> string."
> What is the tricky stuff?
See actions/denemo.scm under ApplyToSelection
it uses eval-string I think.
Richard