[Denemo-devel] GetNoteDuration

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] GetNoteDuration
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 23:52:33 +0200

I am not sure how to handle GetNoteDuration in scheme.
The problems are dots.

If I take the return string and convert it to number I can test it, test it
with dot but not further than one dot.

I tried to use

(string-ref (d-GetNoteDuration) 0))

this returns char. I can test this with case, but then I struggle when it comes
to two-digit entries like 16 or 32.

And I can't tell on which positions the dots will start. 2nd? 3rd? even 4th?
(if there is a 128).

The only thing which comes to my mind know, with limited
programming-experience, is to loop through the string and check each step if
its a number and create a number after that. U

The second option is that GetNoteDuration returns two strings. First is the
duration number, second the number of dots. But I guess this only generates the
same problems, only in C.

Any suggestions?

Nils