Re: [Denemo-devel] gub build again.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] gub build again.
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:12:36 +0100

On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 10:44 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> ERROR: Please install required programs:  mpost
>
> I'll go looking for mpost next I guess,
hmm, difficult to track down - googling mpost suggests it may be to do
with metapost, but my Debian Lenny installation's synaptic does not
offer any hits on mpost.
Googling lilypond and mpost shows that this has caused trouble before
from the lilypond-devel mailing list...

Ah, I see the metafont-rules.make contains a hidden dependency to mpost
through mf2pt1! Unfortunately, we don't check for existence of mpost in our
configure file... So lilypond will configure correctly, but still fail to
build if mpost is not installed...

Is this something that needs to be on my system or inside gub?