Re: [Denemo-devel] d-HTTP

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] d-HTTP
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 21:46:36 +0100

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 06:58 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 18:52:36 +0100
> Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I have created d-HTTP which communicates via HTTP
> > try:
>
> Thats cool. I was thinking about a new branch of educational games.
> These games the user would do dictation in denemo. The user clicks a
> button and it plays back the corresponding measure. Another button can
> play the entire thing. Another button can compare the answers somehow.
> Anyway the reason I mention it is that the dictation portion would
> probably need "lesson files".
yes, and
think about aural training - it sounds a note, you have to play it (or
type it in)
Richard

> These lesson files can be downloaded
perhaps a string of notes to be used
"a c e g' d gis, ...."
where the notes have been chosen for some didactic purpose. These could
be passed around and used by a script for a new lesson, without security
implications. So you could look at a PDF of the dictation episode, and
cut and paste the string of notenames...

Richard