[Denemo-devel] [bug #27195] Repartition measures

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #27195] Repartition measures
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 22:08:27 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

It sometimes happens that I've notated something and the time signature I
chose wasn't right, or I realize I needed a pickup beat but I already made
that beat one.  In these situations, it would be handy to have a command that
shuffled the barlines/measures around--audit barlines is the name in the
Noteworthy composer program.
So let's say you entered in 4/4 time
d 8. d16 d4 a f'8. f16 f8 e d cis... etc.
Then you realized you made a mistake, it should be 3/4 and the first beat
should be a pickup.  You'd add two quarter rests before the initial note,
changed the time sig to 3/4, and then you'd hit redraw barlines or whatever,
and the problem would be solved.

Thanks for considering this.  I guess it could be difficult to implement it
without adding new bugs.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?27195>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/