[Denemo-devel] Denemo 0.8.8 and libjack.la

From: Pietro Battiston
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Denemo 0.8.8 and libjack.la
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 10:00:40 +0200

Hello,
I'm trying to have a recent denemo in debian; I had already packaged
0.8.6, but while I waited the necessary 10 days before the upload 0.8.8
went out, so I started packaging it (see [0]).

But while 0.8.6 compiled flawlessly, 0.8.8 doesn't, and complains the
lack of file libjack.la. I did some searching, and found out that:
- the file is dropped on purpose from the package which used to contain
it ([1])
- though the file is missing also in Ubuntu Jaunty, there denemo
compiles without problems
- the error comes out even if I pass --enable-jack=no to ./configure
(which is no surprise, since anyway the default value is "no")

I would appreciate any hint on how to solve the problem

Pietro Battiston

[0]: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=513285
[1]: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=513438