Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo 0.8.8 and libjack.la

From: Pietro Battiston
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo 0.8.8 and libjack.la
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 15:09:26 +0200

Il giorno mer, 02/09/2009 alle 07.56 -0500, Jeremiah Benham ha scritto:
> On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 10:00 +0200, Pietro Battiston wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I'm trying to have a recent denemo in debian; I had already packaged
> > 0.8.6, but while I waited the necessary 10 days before the upload 0.8.8
> > went out, so I started packaging it (see [0]).
> >
> > But while 0.8.6 compiled flawlessly, 0.8.8 doesn't, and complains the
> > lack of file libjack.la. I did some searching, and found out that:
> > - the file is dropped on purpose from the package which used to contain
> > it ([1])
> > - though the file is missing also in Ubuntu Jaunty, there denemo
> > compiles without problems
> > - the error comes out even if I pass --enable-jack=no to ./configure
> > (which is no surprise, since anyway the default value is "no")
> >

> > I would appreciate any hint on how to solve the problem
>
> Strange. I use Jaunty but have not seen this.

Indeed: in Jaunty all works fine - though the libjack.la file is absent,
exactly as in Debian.

> Does this fix it:
> make clean; ./configure; make

no... in fact this is what the .deb package creation does... and it
fails

(anyway, I tried also outside of the .deb package creation)

> Does it run fine compiled with no ./configure
> option?

no... I tried to add the options only because of the problem.

I found someone with a similar problem
( http://www.linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=986&start=15&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
), but with an older version (0.8.8 still wasn't out) - and recall that 0.8.6
compiles fine to me.

I'm attaching the output of make, where it stops, and if anyone is
interested I can provide ssh access to a machine with a fresh debian
unstable or testing and the denemo sources.

Pietro