[Denemo-devel] A few more bugs.

From: Nils
Subject: [Denemo-devel] A few more bugs.
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 03:43:41 +0200

After a bit of late-night work with Denemo I stumbled upon:

Lyrics:
1) When editing lyrics some (all?) shortcuts seem not to work. For example
print preview.
2) Tied notes does not show right with lyrics in Denemo. Lilypond output is
fine. Tied note means the ones created with "toggle tie" (I prefer to use this.
The other options to tie seem to be hard to handle)
3) Is it possible (=imaginable) to override shortcuts in certain areas of
Denemos GUI? I can imagine it would be good to override for example Tab or
Shift+Space to enter the string " -- " if you are in Lyric-Mode. This one is
used more than the normal space key.
Well.. its late. Why the override...? I thought too much of Tab. So maybe just
shift+space to enter " -- " in Lyricmode is enough.

Anacrusis/Auftakt:
They seem to be unhandily, too. Maybe this is something that is better done in
Citself than as a script. A real denemo-logic partial measure could avoid all
of those problems:

1) You need to place the Anacrusis in every staff manually, otherwise you get
errors in lilypond output (it will show, but measures go wrong). Setting it in
one staff should be enough.
2) Denemo does not seem to know what an Anacrusis is. It shows the blue "!" for
"Measure not full". That means:
2a) Copy and paste does not work because the notes just get pasted in line and
so they fail, even if you copy from a staffs start and paste to a staffs start.
2b) "Adjust the Barlines" just ignores anacrusis and so its a "destroy my
staff" command. Because we have no undo and if you are shocked like I was here
is the workaround:  Insert rests in front and do Adjust again. Or delete
Anacrusis, Adjust the Barlines, put it back in front.
2c) I did not test it with MIDI, but maybe there are issues, too.

good night,

Nils