Re: MIDI (was Re: [Denemo-devel] Anacrusis script needed)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: MIDI (was Re: [Denemo-devel] Anacrusis script needed)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:51:23 +0100

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 14:39 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> There is some investigating still to do - why does it repeat noteon
> madly if no noteoff is given etc, but it seems usable. I don't
> understand all the stuff about nframes etc there is a loop which is is
> going thru
>   for(n=0;n<nframes;n++){
> in send_midi_event which can only fire once - also i is just a synonym
> for 0 here...

OK, I have looked at this. The loop is spurious, and puts the noteon
message in multiple times, which is what you hear if your noteoff is not
scheduled for 44 seconds. The noteon is being put as having a time n, by
this

        buffer = jack_midi_event_reserve(port_buffers[i], n, 3);

 we only want to put it in at time 0.

Shall I check something in along these lines?