Re: [Denemo-devel] Drum notation (and its Clef)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Drum notation (and its Clef)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 17:24:48 +0100

I have put an example of what I am talking about here in git: in the
clef menu you can now choose any sort of clef including a drum clef.
You position the cursor at the start to set the initial clef, otherwise
you get a clef change inserted. For drum clef it is always initial.

This is only by way of example, as I am not sure what the desired
LilyPond for drum clef is (Denemo is treating the drum clef as a bass
clef).
Perhaps more to the point, it would be better to have a one command for
each clef (inserting or setting the initial clef depending on the cursor
position). The built-in commands could then be dropped from view.

But I hope this convinces Nils that drum clef is something that does not
have to await the day that a C-programmer with an interest in percussion
turns up. Especially as it seems that drum notation is far more than
just a different shaped clef - there are staff and voice directives
involved here - unless some simpler LilyPond syntax is what is actually
desired.

Richard