Re: [Denemo-devel] jackmidi compile warnings

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] jackmidi compile warnings
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 07:53:08 -0500

On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 10:12:56 +0100
Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

> J. I am getting some warnings,
>
> ../../denemo/src/jackmidi.c: In function ‘jack_midi_playback_start’:
> ../../denemo/src/jackmidi.c:684: warning: ignoring return value of
> ‘smf_seek_to_seconds’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
> ../../denemo/src/jackmidi.c: At top level:
> ../../denemo/src/jackmidi.c:701: warning: conflicting types for
> ‘jack_midi_playback_stop’
> ../../denemo/src/jackmidi.c:327: warning: previous implicit
> declaration of ‘jack_midi_playback_stop’ was here
>
> I haven't had time to try jack out recently - are things working
> generally?

Mostly. Transport is a bit flaky. I am considering removing all
transport code and re-adding it at a later date. It starts the
transport and stops it. That is it. If it is stopped the play button
must but hit twice to get it going again. I have not figured out why
yet. I have started to study an example of jack transport here:

http://jackit.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/lxr/http/source/example-clients/transport.c

Apparently it allows for tempo change. I am going to study it to help
me to understand how the jack transport works better. If we are
releasing soon I will wait until the next release to change anything.

There is a bug with (PlayNote) caused by eliminating substitute_values
from view.c. I had modified:
*c = '0'+channel-1

to be this in view.c:
*c = '0'+channel;

There reason is if the user has set channel 0 it does not substitute
correctly giving a value of -1 instead of 0;

I am also confused on how you propose a user is to play notes in
succession via script.

(PlayNote "0x3c" 1000)
(wait 1000)
(PlayNote "0x3e" 1000)

Where (wait) is the code not yet implemented that is like sleep but
keeps the main loop active.
Would it look like the above. If not, what
would the user do to have one note followed by the next?

Jeremiah