Re: [Denemo-devel] Creating menu subdirectory confusion

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Creating menu subdirectory confusion
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 08:53:49 +0100

On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 16:53 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I am confused on how the user is to add new subdirectories to menu's.
They are added during the dialogs that popup starting with
Save Script as New Menu Item: the last dialog (after name, label
tooltip) is "place command in submenu..." or some such.
You can just create the subdir on disk.

> just tried to create one and got this message:
>
> Cannot place MajorMinorChordRecognition after ReadingNoteNames as
> requested, because I haven't seen ReadingNoteNames yet
> To fix this delete the MajorMinorChordRecognition command save the
> command set, Quit and restart Denemo
> Then re-install MajorMinorChordRecognition by right clicking on the
> ReadingNoteNames item and choosing Insert Command After This One
hmm, I changed the name to
Insert Additional Menu Item

and I am *still* not happy with this name - it is a More Commands type
of command that will get a command script from disk and insert the new
command in the current menu after the right-clicked one. I think I
should just revert the name to More Commands and let folk discover that
the new command is going to be installed in that position.
> And finally saving command set again
>
> I tried to follow these instructions but I saw no command labeled
> "Insert Command After This One"
Perhaps instead of giving these long winded instructions I should just
junk the placement (it is the <after>...<\after> attribute) and put
instructions on how to arrange the order of menu items into the manual.
(I envisage making it easier - dragging - at some stage...).

Richard