Re: [Denemo-devel] MajorMinor Chord Recognition game

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] MajorMinor Chord Recognition game
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 09:38:31 +0100

On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 16:59 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I wrote a little ear training game for major/minor chord recognition.
> It is a ruff draft so I have not committed it to git yet. I want to
> modify it so the scripter could copy the script and then modify two
> lines or so to test the chords of their choice. I am unsure how I am
> going to do that at the moment.

Well, you have described "the scripter" modifying the script to test the
chords of their choice, which doesn't require you to do anything it
would seem.
Perhaps you are thinking of a further meta level - e.g. a command to
append to the init.scm. This would mean you could write the script to
append additional definitions into init.scm, e.g. it would read off the
notes in a chord at the cursor and ask the user for a name and place a
definition in init.scm. *However* it seems too elaborate - too much
meta-meta-meta.

What about the script using a file

chords.denemo

in which "the scripter" places the chords they want with a
DenemoDirective (tag "ChordNames", display=name of chord) on each?
So the script picks up chords and names from there, and then proceeds
with the game (so it could open, extract information and then d-New to
start the game)

Richard