[Denemo-devel] Keyboard shortcuts for buttons

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Keyboard shortcuts for buttons
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 21:24:14 +0100

Jeremiah asked if we could use keyboard shortcuts for buttons. I've
thought about this, and what is quite possible is for a script (a game
for example) to finish with a loop

(while GameOn
        (cond (d-GetCharFromUser)
         etc

which tests for a boolean (GameOn here) and if it is still set, gets a
keypress (I forget the name of the procedure d-GetSomething) and does a
button action in response, and then loops around testing GameOn again.

When the game is over the script sets GameOn to #f and tells the user to
press a any key to end. (I am not sure if we have a function that
cancels the pending d-GetSomething, I think we could have that instead,
what I am describing should definitely be do-able straight away).

So the A key could be set to activate the button labeled A.
Alternatively, the d-GetCommand (?) could be used, so that you would
look for the "d-A" return value meaning the user had selected the note A
using whatever keyboard or other shortcuts were active.