Re: Re: [Denemo-devel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?] Release 0.8.10?=

From: list
Subject: Re: Re: [Denemo-devel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?] Release 0.8.10?=
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 19:59:52 +0100 (CET)

> > And that
> > its possible to have to sets of staff properties. After all this was
> > my
> > initial genious :) thought
>
> It is possible to have one staff have jack output and the other have
> fluidsynth output using the jack audio driver. The problem with this
> is trying to syncronize these two so that they are not out of sync. I
> am not sure how to do that yet. Until I know how to sync it I am not
> going to have it be a by staff option. It would be just as easy fir
> the user to use qsynth connected via jackmidi if the user wished to
> have qsynth along with say puredata, csounds or whatever.

I think it is a waste of time to implement this. If a user wants Fluid
sounds he can just start qsynth and connect with JACKmidi.

My idea was to switch Denemos complete behaviour with just one config
and that the user has NOT to change every staff to use fluidsynth but to
work with two enviroments. One "big" (JACK) and one "small" (fluidsynth)

> > For example in "Jack-mode" Staff 1 plays on some jack-port, channel
1,
> > bank 1, instrument 44 but in fluid it plays on fluid-port, channel
3,
> > bank 2, instrument 15. Each setting does not disturb the other one.
> >
> > What do you think about this?
>
> I think that is a fine idea but am unsure about the syncronization of
> this.

I was talking about the same staff here. No sync is needed. Its the same
thing as mentioned above: Two sets of preferences for each staff. Click
the "big red button" and you change to fluidsynth or jack-out.

Nils