[Denemo-devel] Fluidsynth autodetecion and default .sf2

From: Nils
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Fluidsynth autodetecion and default .sf2
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 23:27:47 +0100

Hi Jeremiah,

If I remember right fluidsynth has an audio-out auto-detection. Maybe you can
add it as default value in fluidsynths prefs-tab? this is useful for win (and
mac), too, because Denemo works out-of-the box with that.
I don't know if the priority is changable (first jack, then alsa etc.)

For the second point an intro-statement: I still see fluidsynth as the "quick
solution" and as fallback audio-out if the "real" output, Jackmidi, does not
work or you don't want to load heavy external software.
From this point of view I see the necessity to choose a free (software-speak),
small but complete .sf2 and deliver it with Denemo on all systems to have a
cross-platform Denemo "sound" avaible that makes it possible to just install
Denemo and let it producing sounds without changing any prefs or connection
something in qjackctl. It also makes it possible to predict the sound of a
.denemo file if you send it to a friend.

Maybe its nice to have a []-field in fluidsynth-prefs which just turns on the
default Denemo-sf2 but leaves the custom field the way it is.

If you want I can search for one. I have something between 4 and 8 MB in mind.

Nils