Re: [Denemo-devel] Building Denemo 0.8.10 from gub, afresh

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Building Denemo 0.8.10 from gub, afresh
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 17:46:54 +0000

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 09:20 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> I would probably just install debian again. I use ubuntu and gub has
> never worked for me. It always fails at some point trying to meet the
> dependencies. Do you create a seperate /home partition? If so
> re-installation is easy with debian based systems.

I just took the defaults, which doesn't do a separate partition. But it
is quite small - it fits on a dvd, so I can just back up. It is strange
though, I am not getting problems generally - programs are not crashing
mysteriously or anything. But intensive work building like gub, or, once
just building denemo, throws up some un-repeatable failure of gcc, or
gas or ld or ...
I don't know how to install debian again without downloading everything
again, which takes more than one night. Is there some re-installation
that would work from the already downloaded stuff?