[Denemo-devel] midi channel allocation

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: [Denemo-devel] midi channel allocation
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 14:39:21 -0600

I created functions in midi.c. There are called

get_midi_channel()
get_midi_prognum()

They return an int representing the channel or prognum of the the
currently selected staff. It was copied and moved from away from
exportmidi.c to be used by other files. I noticed that denemo allocates
a new channel for each staff. Other programs don't do this. Muse for
example assigns channel 1 to each newly created staff. I think this
should be our default also. The problem with making the channel number
the same as the staff number is that you can only have 16 different
tracks then. I don't know what this will do to midi playback because
the channel can only be a number between 0-15. This needs to be
changed. I will change it but I wanted to issue a warning.