Re: [Denemo-devel] Create Own modes

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Create Own modes
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:51:18 +0000

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 14:07 +0100, Nils wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I plan to create a set of features to add intervals and chors and so on. I
> think this is too much for shortcuts so a complete mode would be better.
>
> Is it possible yet to create a new mode just with Scheme?

It might be, but I feel fairly sure that we should instead do something
towards providing an interface to the shortcut setting from scheme. It
really needs some design, though. There is quite a mountain of dead wood
to cut through here.

Perhaps you could suggest a set of scheme commands that would do what
you have in mind, and then we could think about the mechanisms that
would be needed to implement them? It is possible that some could just
be written as scripts already, others not.

Richard