[Denemo-devel] fluidsynth channels

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] fluidsynth channels
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:31:36 +0000

I was wrong in thinking fluidsynth was only responding to channel 0, it
has a default of 16 channels, and it can pretend to have up to 256.

I have set channel = 2 (i.e. 1) in staff ops and then done prog change
of 0xC$ and 0xC0 and 0xC1 and they all behave as they should (i.e.
changing prog in the channel you are not using has no effect, etc)

So I think we are in business for fluidsynth out: the only thing needed
now would be a mapping from prefs/choices made by the user to JACK or
fluidsynth depending on user's --enable-xxx setting.