Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo for Windows: fonts too big

From: Alessandro Zabatta
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo for Windows: fonts too big
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 12:30:16 +0100

Richard Shann ha scritto:
On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 21:40 +0100, Alessandro Zabatta wrote:

Hello to everyone,
I installed Denemo 0.8.10 for windows on a Toshiba laptop with 1024x768
screen resolution and Windows XP Home, but menu fonts are too big so the
application window is larger than the screen.

?literally larger? or just, the last menu items have become a drop down
list of menus?

The menu containing  Score, Movements, etc are too large for the screen, so Lyrics and Other are out of the screen, so the window is larger than the screen and cannot be reduced. The font is big, I think too much, so I'd like to reduce it, but I don't know how.

The linux version works
fine instead.

Do you mean on the same screen?

How can I reduce the font?

It may be possible, the menu fonts are just in the default size. There
are some ways of describing preferences in a file read by the gtk
startup, but I have never used it.
But I am proposing that we reduce the number of top level menus on the
Object Menu, which is the most crowded.

P.S. I have noticed a bug:

This is not a denemo thing - maybe a LilyPond thing?
We could do with a musicxml2denemo by the way:-)
Richard

musicxml2lt.py doesn't work (probably because my Windows is in italian)
because cannot find 'time.py'; copying
\usr\lib\python2.4\timeit.py
as
\usr\lib\python2.4\time.py