[Denemo-devel] [bug #29554] Rebar-script, and script fixes for 2 command

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #29554] Rebar-script, and script fixes for 2 commands
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 15:38:26 +0000

Follow-up Comment #6, bug #29554 (project denemo):

Guys,
  I have a version of Rebar that looks good to me.  It has support for time
signature changes, anacrusis, grace notes, arbitrary tuplets--but not nested
tuplets, splitting notes across barlines (including tuplets), allows the user
to decide to rebar all staffs or just the current one from the cursor or from
the beginning.

[Modifying the script to allow nested tuplets probably won't be too hard.
There's already a variable NumTuplets that counts the nesting; basically you'd
have to convert TupletScaleFactor from a single number to a list of numbers
that would function as a stack, adding to it as you encountered the next
nesting of tuplets.]

This is where I'm going to leave the script.  Although it can be fun as a
challenge, programming really isn't for me.  I hope this is a helpful
contribution and thanks for all the work you guys do on this project.  I hope
the code comments are helpful if you decide to fix or improve the script;
there's a debugger still in the Rebar script that currently is not called but
might be helpful for debugging the nested tuplets if you decide to do that.
The two supporting scripts, SplitMeasure and DeleteBarline, are included for
completeness.  NOTE: SplitMeasure is in now yet another version; it leaves the
cursor at the beginning of the second bar; if this version is not used, Rebar
won't work.  Same goes for DeleteBarline, although that version has stayed the
same over the course of the Rebar stuff.
There's a strange denemo file to test the Rebar function.  It works fine on
my denemo; if it doesn't go on yours, probably there's some issue with the
SplitMeasure or DeleteBarline; make sure it's using these versions I'm
attaching.
There is a workaround for the paste bug in the Rebar script.  When the bug is
fixed, it tells you exactly what to delete in the script comments.
To avoid any doubt, consider these contributions to be public domain, and
convert to GPL version 2 or 3 as you wish.
Be well, and thanks for all the support for grace notes, etc.,
-Dan W.

(file #20466, file #20467, file #20468, file #20469)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: ReBar                          Size:12 KB
File name: DeleteBarline                  Size:0 KB
File name: SplitMeasure                   Size:0 KB
File name: RebarTest.denemo               Size:1 KB

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?29554>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/