Re: [Denemo-devel] The Insert key and others

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The Insert key and others
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 13:03:16 +0100

On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 09:36 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> At the moment the Del key is deleting the object at the cursor. For
> notes/chords/rests this could work a bit at a time, removing notes
> from
> the chord until it is just a rest and then removing the rest.
> (The backspace is working for deleting a whole chord so Del is kinda
> redundant).
Ah, I see that Nils has introduced a script IntelligentDelete which
deletes everything that is selected. Without an working undo, and with
selections being potentially out of sight, this is too dangerous for
those coming to Denemo for the first time.
I'll work on a SteppedDelete which removes notes from a chord until it
is a rest, then goes to non-printing and finally deletes.