Re: [Denemo-devel] Paste again

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Paste again
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 09:09:28 +0100

On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 18:44 +0200, Nils Gey wrote:

> All the wishes and corrections should be in git now. Please check if
> paste does not behave like you expect it to do.

Two outstanding issues for me:

1) When pasting a non-chord at the end of a full measure I do not want
the object to go into the next (nor a new) measure. The logic is that
the object is not making the measure over-full, and so it should go
where I am pasting it, not into a new (or the next) measure.

2) (I think this is a paste variant that is needed) I need a paste that
does ignores the measure breaks in the original, inserting new measure
breaks as and when measures being pasted become full. Effectively, this
would be re-barring the affected measures after the present paste. The
situation where I find I want this is where I have been entering music
for half-a-dozen measures and realise that I have the right music in the
wrong place (e.g. the first beat of each measure is being placed at the
second and so on). I that case I want to cut the music from the second
beat on and paste at the first beat, so that all the music pastes in one
beat earlier. What happens with the current paste is that the
measurebreaks are kept where they are in the clipboard.

Nils - would you like me to look into addressing these two issues?