[Denemo-devel] [bug #30434] Print view doesn't work

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #30434] Print view doesn't work
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 15:45:02 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #30434 (project denemo):

I've tried to track this down a bit, and apparently the problem is that when
denemo issues the lilypond command, it doesn't use the right syntax for the
commandline options, and consequently no .png is created, and existing .png's
are deleted.

Specifically, here's what denemo currently does when you try to update the
print view in the windows dos box:
lilypond-windows.exe -dgui --png -dbackend eps -dresolution 180 -o
"....denemodenemoprint_" "....denemodenemoprint_.ly"

Running this command from the commandline (after explicitly specifying the
path for lilypond-windows as needed) does not work, and produces some kind of
error about ps-to-png.ly not being there.

However, this works executed from the command line, producing the png:
C:"Program Files"Denemousrbinlilypond-windows.exe -dgui --png -dbackend=eps
-dresolution=180 -o "....denemodenemoprint_" "....denemodenemoprint_.ly"

the crucial difference being in: -dbackend=eps -dresolution=180.  The command
issued by denemo lacks the = signs.

Indeed, I have confirmed that fixing this fixes the problem.  As a hack fix,
I changed denemo-lilypond.bat to read

lilypond-windows.exe -dgui %1 %2=%3 %4=%5 %6 %7 %8 %9

and now the print view pane works.  (The image size is way too big at the
moment, with lilypond in 20 point--this can be fixed by changing to
-dresolution=90 or so, but that might affect drag-to-offset.  Zooming would be
nice to implement here, but I suppose it's not crucial.)  It is crucial that
there not be spaces between the two sides of each equality.  So wherever the
command to update the preview pane is issued, that needs to be adjusted to use
this synatx.
-Dan W.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?30434>

  Message sent via/by Savannah