[Denemo-devel] Release 0.8.20 planning

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Release 0.8.20 planning
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:36:09 +0200

What needs to be done before release? My list:

[Already planned]
Test and fix musicxml / lilypond import with different files and trying to
outline documentation for users (what can be expected)

Rename and reorder profiles, we need at least "All commands" and "Simple".
"Default" will be removed/renamed.
 -- Any more changes? Are all current profiles necessary? Is merging or
dropping possible?

Deactivate the circle cursor and so on (Richard). There is an older  bugreport,
please use: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?30930 and

[Fixes]
Libsmf outsourcing - https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?31013
        Not all distributions include a libsmf package. Is our version
  still different to the original one? Maybe we can rename our own file
  so that it does not conflict with distribution version.

Bison not checked in configure - https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?30482

Mouse setting the cursor broken - https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?30932

d-GetOption returns wrong Cancel value, breaks some scripts -

Regression in temporary accidental note repetition wrong. No clue when this
changed, but DanW is right, it was better before.

Remove console debug chatter for some commands:

[Discussion]
- The enforced C version of double shortcuts is still annoying in my opinion.
  It just happens too often that you hit keys which have no binding, and a
significant amount of time is needed for extra keys now.
  It should be enough to let only double shortcuts expect a second key, not
"all keys except single key commands".