[Denemo-devel] Translations / .po files

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Translations / .po files
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 18:00:42 +0200

Hello,

does anyone know how .po files work in Denemo? Is there anything
special do?

My system locales are English, German and Japanese. Default is German.
Its possible to switch force a locale with
LANG=de_DE.utf8 /usr/bin/x
or
LC_ALL=...

this works well for the terminal output and for some programs, but not
for all. Denemo (and Firefox) are still in English.

I remember I had Denemo (partly) German a while ago and was annoyed by
it so I forced English with LANG=. But this is a different system now.
Since my default is German I guess it should be the same. Compilation
(from git) and starting is all with the German locale. But Denemo still
is in English.

Originaly I just wanted to test the new, user-donated, Japanese .po
file, but I get nowhere.

If I start Denemo with a different LANG the basic GTK buttons get
translated ("Ok" "Cancel") but not even the most basic commands like
File->New or Quit.

So what went wrong? Anyone knows what is needed to switch through
languages in Denemo?

Nils