[Denemo-devel] Denemo MIdi and Connection problems

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Denemo MIdi and Connection problems
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 18:18:36 +0100

I have serious connection problems right now. My linux shell provider,
where I run IRC, closed and my replacement is very bad.
The irc connection is very laggy and I don't get all chat lines ->
Can't work like this.

About midi: Your ideas are very good and come from common sense. I
think I share most of them.

However: Please wait until I can write down my own thoughts about MIDI
overlay.

Additionaly: A lot of thinking and implementation was done by other
music software already, free, unfree, notation or not. I used some of
them and will ask other developers.

The main problem is that there are different stages of changing the
midi data (eg. connected with a notation object, "invisible", as last
stage before sending to the sampler with some random stuff
"humanizing" etc.). We don't have to do all and everything but at least
it needs some thought.

So lets do other work first and then sit down together, virtually, and
really think this through. Midi and Notation was SO often done wrong,
we need to do it better here and should not follow the first impulse.

I disconected from IRC until I find a better connection.

Nils