Re: [Denemo-devel] Temperament shifting during playback.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Temperament shifting during playback.
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:31:05 +0000

I believe this is all possible now with enough scripting effort, and
much of it would not require much scripting. You can set abitrary cents
values for each note different in each voice. If fluidsynth supports
setting single notes then that too will be possible - Denemo is only the
messenger boy, not the message.
The proposal for implementing MIDI effects
(http://denemo.org/index.php/Midi_Effects last paras) are relevant here
- basically, we will have a script that generates a MIDI realization of
the movement - inserting rests and temperament shifts as desired; the
insertions being done into a copy of your music, so they don't clutter
your view. In fact, the normal user won't want to see what the MIDI
realization looks like - it can happen off-screen. The user will just
see the instructions he has given as to what he wants, invoking scripts
that do his wishes when creating the MIDI realization.

Richard