[Denemo-devel] Replicable bug in Denemo 0.8.20

From: Ken Restivo
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Replicable bug in Denemo 0.8.20
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 19:19:23 -0800

This one is particularly frustrating.

1) Start with a fresh ~/.denemo/ folder, delete everything else that was in it.
2) Choose "Composer" mode. Test and confirm that 1 2 3 etc inserts notes. Great.
3) Choose Edit/"Customize, Commands, Shortcuts"/"Save Command Set".
4) Test and confirm that 2 3 4, etc, still work to insert notes.
5) Quit Denemo
6) Relaunch Denemo
7) Hey!! It doesn't work anymore! 1 2 3 4 do nothing. They don't even put in
yellow notes anymore. HOWEVER, shift-1, shift-2, shift-3 still work. Weird.
8) Try, in vain, going to Edit/"Customize, Commands, Shortcuts"/"Manage Command
Set" and manually importing the Composer defaults.
9) Still nothing! Does not work, refuses to work at all.

There is no way to recover from this except to quit denemo, rm
~/.denemo/actions/*, then restart denemo, or to manually cp
/usr/share/denemo/Composer.shortcuts ~/denemo/actions/Default.shorcuts.  It
appears to definitley be the shortcut saving that is botched.

But how can I save any customizations I make to key commands, if every time I
do that, denemo blows away what is already there?

-ken